Financial Assistance Program
Help with your medical expenses
When you face significant medical expenses, sometimes you need help managing them. At Los Alamitos Medical Center, our commitment to providing you with quality care includes working with you and your insurance carrier. We have alternate funding and payment plan options available. Below you’ll find some financial assistance programs we offer:
Medical Eligibility Program (MEP)
You may be interested in our free MEP program if you are under the age of 21 or over 65, or have children in the household, are pregnant, potentially disabled or have been a victim of a crime. Our patient advocates are available to assist you with the process. You may also qualify for the following government programs:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- County Indigent
- Supplemental Security Income
- Social Security Disability
- Victims of a Violent Crime Fund
You can find an application for Medi-Cal online.
Uninsured Discount Program
If you are uninsured, you should ask about our Compact with Uninsured discounts. Our Patient Advocates will assist you in understanding all of the rules of eligibility.
Charity Care Program
Our Charity Care Program may cover some or all of your hospital bills depending on your household income. You must meet one of the following criteria to qualify:
1. You have no insurance or a third party that will pay all or part of your bill and a family income of no more than 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
2. You have third-party insurance coverage but you do not receive a discounted rate from Los Alamitos due to that coverage. Your annual out-of-pocket costs for medical expenses must exceed 10 percent of your family income in the last 12 months.
To determine eligibility or to get more information about these programs, please call us at (855) 840-3668.
Payment Plan Agreements
Los Alamitos Medical Center offers a Payment Plan Agreement which provides the ability to spread out payments over time.