Visitor Guidelines for Coronavirus
Out of an abundance of caution, effective immediately, we are suspending visitation for all patients until further notice. Visitor exceptions will be made for:
- Patients who are at the end of life
- Dependent patients with limited physical or decisional capabilities
- Dependent patients who may have an altered mental status and need assistance in obtaining clinical history/information
Visitors who meet these exceptions need to meet the following criteria upon entry to the hospital:
- No signs of a fever or respiratory illness including cough or difficulty breathing
- In the last 14 days has not had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 or is under investigation for COVID-19 or has been hospitalized for a respiratory illness.
- Has not traveled to mainland China, Korea, Iran, Italy or Europe including the UK and Ireland in the last 14 days
- Has not been on a cruise in the last 14 days
- No visitors for a patient under investigation (PUI) or who has a confirmed positive for COVID-19
Only one visitor per patient is allowed for those exceptions, but a onetime consideration for an increased number of visitors will be made if a patient is in a critical state at end of life, as long as they meet the screening criteria outlined above.
Alternative means of communications between families and patients, such as virtual visitations, Skype, FaceTime, etc. will also be encouraged. We understand how important it is to keep-in-touch with loved ones and friends during sensitive times.
COVID-19 testing is not being offered at the hospital. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, contact your physician or other healthcare professional and self-quarantine. In the case of a medical emergency, such as difficulty breathing, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
These measures will be in effect until we are advised by the CDC or the Orange County Health Care Agency that it is safe to return to normal visiting practices. We appreciate your support and understanding during this time.
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/Exit
Entry and exit is now limited to the emergency room only.