Family members and loved ones play an important role in patient care and recovery. Patients may designate family and close friends with ‘family member’ status when they are admitted. This list will be used to help close friends and family access the patient 24/7 so that they may help to improve communication, increase understanding of the needs of the patient, support transitions in care and decision-making, and improve patient safety and outcomes.
Visiting hours and guidelines by unit
When you arrive through the lobby entrance, we will issue you a visitor’s wristband. Please wear this wristband at all times.
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Although visiting is allowed 24 hours a day, families are encouraged to spend the majority of time with the patient between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. to promote rest and a quiet healing environment throughout the night. Visitors designated with family-member status by the patient will have unrestricted access 24 hours a day unless the support infringes on the rights of others and their safety or is medically or therapeutically contraindicated.
Intensive care (ICU/CCU)
- In absence of family, a patient can designate two adults as approved visitors.
- Please limit visitation after 10 p.m. to allow your loved one to rest.
- Visiting restrictions can be adjusted at the discretion of the charge nurse.
Restrictions and/or limitations for visitors may be required when:
- There is a potential for exposing visitors to infectious or hazardous material that can put the patient or visitor at risk
- Disruptive, threatening or violent behavior occurs
- Visitation can interfere or hinder the care or treatment of a patient
- Court orders restrict contact
- Rest and privacy is needed
- Doctor or nurse needs individual time with the patient
Los Alamitos is a smoke-free environment inside and outside. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on our hospital campus at any time.
For the best care of our patients, we ask you to do the following:
- Wash your hands before and after visiting each patient.
- Follow the guidelines closely for each unit.
- Observe “No Visiting” and “Isolation Precaution” signs before entering a room.
- Do not visit if you are sick, have a fever, cough, runny nose or if you have recently been exposed to a communicable illness.
- Supervise visiting children closely at all times.
- Use public restrooms instead of patient restrooms.
- Limit cellphone usage to waiting areas or outside of the hospital building.
- Do not smoke anywhere on the hospital campus.
We have parking available in our main parking lot off of Kaylor Street. Trams provide free transportation to get you to the building you need and are located throughout our campus.
Emergency parking is located in front of the main hospital building off of Katella Avenue directly adjacent to the Emergency Department Entrance.
You may drop off patients at the main lobby. There is a turn-around drive located off of Cherry Street.
We have a multilevel parking structure open to the public. Visitor parking rates are as follows:
- Free for the first 20 minutes
- $3 for the first two hours
- $5 for the entire day