In l968, Los Alamitos Medical Center was founded to meet the health care needs of a growing community. Today, the Medical Center offers a wide range of services and innovative programs, and it is continually expanding and enhancing the services we provide.
The medical center campus includes the Total Care Pavilion, three medical office buildings, an ambulatory surgery center, and the hospital facility. The Total Care Cancer Center, Imaging Center, and Infusion Center are located in the Total Care Pavilion. Los Alamitos Medical Center is a Primary Stroke Center and Coronary Artery Disease Center as designaged by The Joint Commission.
- American College of Radiology - Certified Mammography Center
- Licensed by the State of California
- Laboratory Accreditation Program
- Accredited Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center
- American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines Gold Performance Achievement Award for Stroke
- American Heart Association Get With the Guidelines Gold Performance Achievement Award for Heart Failure
- American Heart Association Get With the Guidelines Silver Performance Achievement Award for Coronary Artery Disease
- Six-time recipient of TENET Healthcare Corporation’s Circle of Excellence Award
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s (IHI)100,000 Lives and IHI’s 5 Million Lives campaign participant
- Unitedhealth Premium® Specialty Center for Interventional Cardiology
- CIGNA Quality Designation for Colon Surgery, Heart Failure, and Stroke
- CIGNA Center of Excellence for Caesarean Section and Vaginal Delivery
The 167-bed facility is part of Tenet California, a provider of health care services. The Medical Center is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.